ManKind Project USA
The Finance Manager plays a critical role in supporting Area Financial Coordinators around the county. This person balances their ability to manage a large volume of day-to-day simple tasks while doing so with an eye toward improving systems. The Finance Manager is the customer service rep that teaches local volunteers how to pay bills, view financials and manage their Area finances.
This position is full time and virtual, meaning you will login each day to your ‘desk’ and work with colleagues over Skype and Zoom.
- Provide training and support for our 28 Area Financial Coordinators.
- Oversee annual Area budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Finance Director; administer and review all Area budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep the Finance Director abreast of the organization’s budgeting process status.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner, and clearly communicate quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Help Finance Director achieve financial operational objectives by identifying potential system improvements and support for implementing change.
- Providing advice on financial matters impacting on the organization as a whole.
As a Finance Manager, a typical day might include the following:
- Congratulate an Area Financial Coordinator on the success of their recent Training.
- Brainstorm with the Finance Director and the Areas to come up with new ideas for making the MKP Finance Department better.
- Create payment buttons to take money for trainings and events.
- Provide training and support on how to access QuickBooks, Bill.com, run credit cards, use prepaid spending cards (PEX Card), view PayPal transactions, etc…
- Putting together presentations for the Finance Pow Wow or the Finance Committee.
- Check-in with Area Financial Coordinators regarding their respective Area’s financials, or their well-being.
- Update the content on the Finance Home Page.
- Participate in virtual conversations or meetings via Skype and Zoom.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and effectively collaborate with — colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- The mobility and zero commute time is a benefit of this position and can be a challenge for some. Experience working virtually is a plus.
- Ideally 3+ years of financial operations experience.
- Sense of humor.
- Experience working with QuickBooks, Google Docs and CiviCRM.
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with the Finance Director and Area Financial Coordinators.
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial type environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, accountability and dedication to the mission of the ManKind Project.
Compensation Range: Depending on experience; $20-$25 hourly; This role can be moved to a salary position after 3 – 6 months.
Start Date: Can be as early as May 15th.
Apply by sending a cover letter describing why you want this position and a resume to email@example.com