Talking About Our Differences &
Connecting Across the Spectrum of Diversity
Everyone wants to be seen, respected, and understood.
There is a lot that can get in the way of meeting these basic human desires. Our differences can be a source conflict, or they can be a source of energy and creativity to bring us together.
Introduction to Intercultural Competency; Talking About Our Differences is a single session three hour introduction to language and skills. This live online training is a foundation for interacting and communicating with different cultural groups, starting with understanding your own.
- Recognizing cultural identities in self and others
- Participating constructively in cultural conversations
- Modeling learning about cultural differences
- Forming mutual empowering relationships across cultural lines
You’ll also learn the basics of the Visions Model. Visions helps establish an environment where differences can be addressed and discussed in a way that builds understanding and collaboration. MKP has used Visions for Cultural Competency training for well over a decade.
This Program Is For You If…
- You serve in a role in MKP
- You want to understand yourself better in relation to your cultural identity
- You’re curious and ready to learn about other cultures
- You have have not yet learned about the Visions Model
This is just a starting point.
The emphasis throughout this two hours is ‘No Shame, No Blame,’ and listening to learn. Intercultural Competency, like MKP’s other core values, is not a destination. It’s a lifelong practice to learn more about culture and how to create and maintain relationships across cultures.
I am a certified Trainer and Performance Consultant outside of MKP and have been involved in various aspects of the Multicultural Initiative since 2001.
I am a differently abled, Colombian American, cis woman who has studied cultural differences most of her life. I have been on the scenes of the many Initiatives of MKPI and MKP-USA since 2001.
December 9th, 2020