The Finance Manager plays a critical role in supporting Area Financial Coordinators and other Project men by offering training in the Project’s financial tools; explaining and clarifying financial policies and procedures; and assisting in finding data and solutions for finance activities.
The Finance Manager is a member of the Operations circle and serves as a member of other ManKind Project USA circles as needed. The Finance Manager meets monthly along with the Finance Director with Area Financial Coordinators, and meets weekly with the Ignite Spot (Accounting Team).
The Finance Manager is expected to learn how to work as a Holacracy Partner and will need to fulfill the training requirements to become a partner. Under Holacracy, the Finance Manager does not report to another individual, but reports on projects, metrics and other matters to the circles in which he/she is a member. The Finance Manager will work closely with the Finance Director.
The position may be full or part-time depending on the candidate. All ManKind Project USA employees work “virtually” and the candidate must be able to participate in video meetings. Salary is to be determined based on the candidate. The candidate must have access to a computer in order to fulfill the position responsibilities.
- Familiarity with MKP is a plus but not a requirement
- Familiarity with MKP financial tools is a plus but not a requirement.
- Demonstrated capacity to understand organizational financial activity.
- Ability to work virtually and independently. Has self-discipline and is self-reliant.
- Outstanding communication skills. Speaks clearly, articulately, and Concisely. Listens well.
- Experience in training is a plus but not a requirement. Elicits positive reactions from others.
- Is analytical. Thinks logically, isolates the fundamental parts of a complex problem.
- Takes initiative. Moves into new areas without being prodded.
- Experience working with QuickBooks or other accounting system is a plus.
- Must be able to multi-task and to prioritize work.
- Personal qualities of integrity and accountability and ethical standards.
- A love and commitment for the mission and organization of the Project.
This is an exempt position.
Start date is negotiable.
Interested candidates should send an email describing why they are interested in this position and include a resume or description of prior work and/or volunteer experience to the Finance Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org