ManKind Project USA – The Door
Mankind Project USA Formal Concern Process
The Concern Process
Filing a Concern
- Any person with a concern about a person’s behavior may submit a MKP USA Concern Form, which requests the type of Concern, people involved, who is affected, wants, and attempts to resolve the issue.
- Upon receipt of a concern, Administration & Accountability will acknowledge receipt of it to the person with a concern.
- Safer Circles and Communities assesses the behavior of a concern, particularly the degree of institutional risk, and determines the best course of action.
- Actions may include:
- Determining no action is necessary.
- Imposing a temporary restriction due to significant risk until the response is completed.
- Referring the Concern to the appropriate MKP role: Ethics and Right Relationships, Mental Health Resource Team, Risk Management, Intercultural Advocate, a Society lead, an Area Steward, Reconciliation Support, etc.
- Referring the Concern to the Lead/Supervisor when the issue is the competency of an employee or volunteer.
- The process for responding is grounded in principles of safety, learning, and reconciliation.
- These principles are expressed by:
- Concern and response to persons who reported potentially unsafe behavior.
- Concern for the health and well-being of MKP USA Areas, Communities, Societies, Groups, and other circles.
- Concern for the integrity of MKP USA.
- Congruence with MKP USA’s core values of accountability, authenticity, compassion, generosity, integrity, leadership, multicultural awareness, and respect.
Ethics & Right Relationships (ERR) Review Process
When Safer Circles & Communities refers a Concern to the ERR:
- ERR assigns a responder team.
- The team interviews Person With Concern (who filled out the form), witnesses, and Person Of Concern (whose behavior is at issue).
- Responder(s) may determine that an alternative process (e.g., reconciliation meeting) may achieve a safe resolution and propose that to ERR and those involved.
- The team completes its inquiry and makes a recommendation to ERR.
- ERR determines whether to limit participation and/or to take some other action.
- The ERR has the authority to limit participation in any MKP USA activities at any time if necessary to prevent harm to MKP USA and participants in its activities.
- The Person With Concern, Person Of Concern, and the relevant Area or Society may appeal the ERR decision.