Weighing 250 pounds, a pack-a-day smoker, and a heavy drinker, Dion Leonard’s life changed one night after making a drunken bet with a friend on who could run a 10km race the quickest.
From not being able to run around the block, Dion has since gone on to become one of the most competitive ultra runners in the world, competing and completing some of the world’s toughest races across the planet’s most extreme and inhospitable locations.
In episode #037 of The ManKind Podcast, Brandon Clift interviews Extreme Ultra Runner, Best-Selling Author, and Dog-Dad, Dion Leonard, who shares his remarkable story of how a down and out kid, grieving the death of his supposed father, learned to survive his childhood and early adulthood.
You’re Going To Love This Episode If..
- You have naysayers in your life.
- You’re looking to prove something to yourself.
- You love a true underdog story.
- [04:00] Interview Starts
- [06:18] How losing his father sent him down the “Expected” path for a grieving kid in a small town… The Meat Packing Plant…
- [19:01] Having been told, “You’re a loser who will amount to nothing,” this was the moment where Dion found the courage to escape small-town Australia.
- [30:02] The drunken bet that changed his life forever.
Loved Dion and Gobi? Find His Links Here:
Find A Men’s Circle Near You: https://mkpusa.org/mens-group
With over 1000+ Men’s Circles worldwide, men are waiting to welcome you into a kind, supportive and safe brotherhood of men. FREE Online Men’s Groups are available every week.