THE NEW WARRIOR TRAINING ADVENTURE ®
The most recognized and respected modern initiation experience for men in the world. To date, more than 75,000 men have attended
this intense 48-hour experience. We conduct over 125 NWTAs per year, relying on local communities of men for support.
Are you ready for an Adventure?
GO FOR IT.
Friday 5pm - Sunday 4pm
Start and end times may vary slightly by location
We will help organize local transportation
food & lodging
2 Nights & Meals
On-site meals and camp-style accommodation provided
Varies - Avg $750
Price may vary based on site and available lodging
|Title||City||State||Country||Start Date||Specialized **||Price||Register|
|South East October 2023 NWTA Participant||Pine Mountain||GA||US||09/29/2023||650||Click To Register|
|Metro NY Tri State October 2023 NWTA||New Hope||PA||US||09/29/2023||750||Click To Register|
|Central Plains October 2023 NWTA||Red Wing||MN||US||10/06/2023||695||Click To Register|
|Northwest October 2023 NWTA||Washougal||WA||US||10/06/2023||750||Click To Register|
|Chicago October 2023 NWTA||Berrien Springs||MI||US||10/06/2023||795||Click To Register|
|Hawaii October 2023 NWTA||Wailuku||HI||US||10/13/2023||695||Click To Register|
|Florida October 2023 NWTA||Silver Springs||FL||US||10/13/2023||650||Click To Register|
|Colorado October 2023 NWTA||Elbert||CO||US||10/19/2023||995||Click To Register|
|Mid America October 2023 NWTA||Bedford||IN||US||10/20/2023||700||Click To Register|
|Southwest October 2023 NWTA||Mimbres||NM||US||10/20/2023||795||Click To Register|
|Southern California November 2023 NWTA||San Juan Capistrano||US||11/03/2023||Pan Asian / Middle Eastern||775||Click To Register|
|Mid Atlantic November 2023 NWTA||Charles Town||WV||US||11/03/2023||700||Click To Register|
|Northern California November 2023 NWTA||Cazadero||CA||US||11/03/2023||750||Click To Register|
|Mid America November 2023 NWTA (MI)||Holly||MI||US||11/10/2023||695||Click To Register|
|Northwest December 2023 NWTA||Washougal||WA||US||12/01/2023||750||Click To Register|
|South Central December 2023 NWTA||North Zulch||TX||US||12/01/2023||775||Click To Register|
|Philadelphia December 2023 NWTA||New Hope||PA||US||12/01/2023||750||Click To Register|
|Greater Carolinas December 2023 NWTA||Reidsville||NC||US||12/01/2023||750||Click To Register|
|South Central January 2024 NWTA||North Zulch||TX||US||01/26/2024||850||Click To Register|
|Chicago January 2024 NWTA||Berrien Springs||MI||US||01/26/2024||949||Click To Register|
|Southern California February 2024 NWTA||San Juan Capistrano||US||02/09/2024||995||Click To Register|
|Northwest February 2024 NWTA||Washougal||WA||US||02/23/2024||895||Click To Register|
|Metro NY Tri State February 2024 NWTA||New Hope||PA||US||02/23/2024||750||Click To Register|
|Florida March 2024 NWTA||Apopka||FL||US||03/08/2024||750||Click To Register|
|Mid Altantic March 2024 NWTA||Charles Town||WV||US||03/22/2024||750||Click To Register|
|Greater Carolinas April 2024 NWTA||Collettsville||NC||US||04/05/2024||750||Click To Register|
|Philadelphia April 2024 NWTA||New Hope||PA||US||04/05/2024||750||Click To Register|
|Mid America April 2024 NWTA||Holly||MI||US||04/12/2024||0||Click To Register|
|Southwest April 2024 NWTA||Oracle||AZ||US||04/12/2024||795||Click To Register|
|South Central April 2024 NWTA||North Zulch||TX||US||04/12/2024||850||Click To Register|
|Colorado April 2024 NWTA||Buena Vista||CO||US||04/19/2024||995||Click To Register|
|Southern California April 2024 NWTA||San Juan Capistrano||US||04/19/2024||995||Click To Register|
|Southwest May 2024 NWTA||Oracle||AZ||US||05/03/2024||795||Click To Register|
** Info about Specialized New Warrior Trainings
A Specialized NWTA uses the same process as every New Warrior Training Adventure, and adds cultural, accessibility, or demographic changes. The training staff will, as much as possible, be comprised of men who identify as members of the demographic, or who have special skills to meet the needs of the men participating. The intent is to ‘make the minority the majority,’ honoring the lived experiences and social and cultural realities for those attending.
There are a number of varieties:
- Barrier Free – New Warrior Training Adventure with increased accommodations, assistance, and accessibility for men with a wide range of different physical, cognitive, or neurological abilities.
- Deaf / HH – New Warrior Training Adventure for Deaf / Hard of Hearing men.
- GBTQ – New Warrior Training Adventure for Gay / Bi / Trans / Queer / Questioning men.
- Men of Color (BIPOC) – New Warrior Training Adventure primarily staffed and led by men of color (BIPOC – Black, Indigenous, and People of Color).
- Obvious African Ancestry – New Warrior Training Adventure primarily staffed and led by men of obvious African ancestry (African American men and beyond). Organized by the Brothahood of MKP, a national group of men of obvious African ancestry organized to support trainings and programs for Black Men.
- Outdoor – New Warrior Training Adventure held primarily outdoors, sometimes at a wilderness site, with tent accommodations, minimal indoor space, and reduced amenities. Details vary from site to site.
- Pan-Asian, Middle-Eastern (PAME) – New Warrior Training Adventure primarily led and staffed by men who claim heritage to various parts of Asia and the Middle East. This includes, but is not limited to, men with heritage from East Asia (China, Japan, Korea, etc), South Asia (India, Pakistan, etc), Southeast Asia (Vietnam, Thailand, etc), and the Middle East (Jordan, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Egypt, etc). Participants with Pan-Asian or Middle-Eastern heritage are invited to attend.
- Urban – New Warrior Training Adventure held in an Urban Center.
- Young – YWTA – New Warrior Training Adventure specifically geared to men aged 18-35 years.
Get on the list.
If the training you’re interested in is already FULL, or there is not a training listed near you …
Please add yourself to our alert list.
Description of the Training
WHAT IS IT: The NWTA is a modern male initiation and self-examination. It is a REAL TIME hero’s journey. It is the challenge of a lifetime for many men. It’s safe, supportive and cutting edge. It is NOT a retreat, a conference or a workshop. It is NOT like anything you’ve done before. Many men rank this among the most powerful experiences of their lives.
WHAT YOU WILL GET: You’ll get more than you’re willing to hope for: purpose, passion, vibrancy, joy, healing, connection to self, new energy, clarity, power, freedom, understanding, brotherhood, trust. Over 75,000 men have now taken this journey, and every man’s experience has been unique. This training is led by men certified by the ManKind Project with extensive experience in men’s transformational work. Each process of the weekend is overseen by a team of leaders, providing the highest level of safety and professionalism possible.
ABOUT THE NWTA: It’s a life affirming event, honoring the best in what men have to offer the planet. We are only able to recognize the powerful brilliance of men because we are willing to look at, and take full responsibility for, the pain we are also capable of creating… and suffering. This is the paradox of modern masculinity, and it is a lesson we are dedicated to learning and teaching.
AT THE NWTA: You’ll experience a level of energy, a quality of masculinity, a deep sense of safety, joy and laughter, anger and fear, physical challenge, and a connection to life’s mystery that we can’t explain to you, no matter how hard we try. You’ll have the opportunity to look with fearless honesty at the life you’ve created, and make profound choices about what you want to keep, what you want to expand, and what you want to let go of. You’ll discover your unique connection to manhood, explore a new way of understanding masculinity, and step fully into the man you envision yourself to be.
Have more questions? Check out our FAQs
About the Hero’s Journey
SEPARATION – FRIDAY NIGHT: Moving away from the familiar. Team-building, individual and group exercises examine the modern male psyche: accountability, leadership, confrontation, competition.
DESCENT – SATURDAY MORNING: An exploration of authentic male emotion, conflict, purpose, and healthy power. Revisiting life history and stories. Connecting to what lies ahead.
ORDEAL – SATURDAY AFTERNOON: A challenge to embody fully authentic masculinity, to step into power, to break through barriers, and to experience the full potential of mature manhood.
INITIATION – SATURDAY NIGHT: Accepting responsibility as a man among men. Exploration of group dynamics, diversity and similarity. A test of solidarity and trust. A welcome into the circle of men.
INTEGRATION – SUNDAY MORNING: An exploration of legacy, connection, purpose, relationships and intention. Recognizing connections to nature and humanity.
CELEBRATION – SUNDAY AFTERNOON: A feast of victory, affirmation, laughter, and community. Begin integrating the learning of the weekend. Wrap up and send-off.
WHAT DOES IT COST: Prices vary according to location, average is $725 US. This includes all accommodations, meals and materials. Financial assistance and payment plans are often available. Prices subject to change, please contact a local community for specific event information.
- Duration: 48 Hours – Friday evening – Sunday afternoon
- Location: Camp Facility, Group Accommodations
- Leadership: Internationally Certified Leadership
- Prices vary according to location, average is $750 US
- Includes all accommodations, meals and materials.
- Financial assistance and payment plans are often available.