Chris Hemmings is a Mancunian, he’s a man from Manchester. This fact alone connotes a number of characteristics about how he grew up; proud, scrappy, and very much coded into a particular kind of British manhood.
In this episode, we’ll talk about the rules, expectations, entitlement, pain … AND the positive possibilities of “Lad-Culture.“ How our upbringing, our schooling, and our early years shape and harden our attitudes about what it means to be boys and men, about how we see women and girls, about where we think our place is in the world as men. About waking up to our impacts in the world.
About how repressing our emotions damages our physical, mental, and emotional health.
And about how we can make real cultural changes for the young men in our lives.
Some Key takeaways from this episode:
- Start talking & listening about the real stuff.
- Own your impacts. Work for self-forgiveness and accountability.
- Do the healing work you need to do to be able to see and own the real impacts of your behaviors.
- You don’t have to know what to do next. It’s OK. Normalize making mistakes.
Loved Chris? You Can Find Out More Here:
- Book: https://www.amazon.com/Be-Man-Chris-Hemmings/dp/1785901672
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Hemmch
- Web Site: https://www.chris-hemmings.com/
Share Your Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Leave an iTunes Rating & Review
Find A Men’s Circle Near You: https://mkpusa.org/mens-group
With over 1000+ Men’s Circles worldwide, men are waiting to welcome you into a kind, supportive and safe brotherhood of men. FREE Online Men’s Groups are available every week.
Join Our Newsletter: https://mkpusa.org/check-in/