What are the pitfalls / paradoxes / possibilities / risks / benefits of engaging in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion work as a White man?
Dan Mahle is man I’ve been following in the ManKind Project for a decade. He’s always stood out to me because of his integrity in leadership, his truth-telling, and his compassion with Wholeheartedness.
We sat down to talk about his work with organizations and teams on building equitable culture, especially working with white men.
It starts with knowing who we are … cultivating our innate sense of value and significance.
What does it look like to lean into the resistance that many white men have around equity work?
Do you feel like you’re walking on eggshells around this conversation?
Dan has some incredible insights around how to move beyond this old frame.
Find Dan Mahle: wholeheartedmasculine.org
- Resma Menakem – My Grandmother’s Hands: Racialized Trauma and the Pathway to Mending Our Hearts and Bodies
- Heather McKee – The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can Prosper Together
- Leticia Nieto – Beyond Inclusion, Beyond Empowerment; A Developmental Strategy to Liberate Everyone
- Ta Naheisi Coates – Between the World and Me
- bell hooks – The Will to Change: Men, Masculinity, and Love
Find A Men’s Circle Near You: https://mkpusa.org/mens-group
FREE Online Men’s Groups are available every week.
The Men’s Work Introduction 3-Week Course: https://mkpusa.org/themenswork/
Do you want to learn and experience the fundamentals of men’s work? This is the place to start. New courses every month.
Join Our Newsletter: https://mkpusa.org/check-in/
🎵Listen To Jim Donovan & The Sun King Warriors:
- Spotify: Listen