As per a CBS news poll, 70% of the public believe that we are incapable of solving problems because we are so DIVIDED. So what does that mean for us as a species? Imminent doom?
Well, I sat down recently for a panel discussion on our show The ManKind Podcast to clarify if and how it might be possible to begin the healing process.
Key takeaways from this episode:
- Many today have found their identity based on what they are AGAINST instead of what they are FOR. A social phenomenon called Schismogenesis.
- In the past, we were more likely to disagree without the need to dehumanize the other person and consider them “Evil” simply because we disagreed with their views and opinions.
- My triggers are often the key to discovering how I can do my healing in relation to how those I can’t entirely agree with fire me up.
- That “Bridge Building” isn’t about finding “Common ground” with those we disagree with. It’s about being able to disagree and debate in a healthy way that doesn’t villainize the other.
- If you are committed to healing divides, then you must be willing to change your opinion/stance on that which you are debating.
Follow Benjamin Dancer
- Website: https://www.benjamindancer.com/
- Blog – Embracing My Triggers: https://www.benjamindancer.com/the-old-man/2022/8/5/embracing-my-triggers
Follow Jordan Bowman
- Jordan’s Website: https://jbowman.org/journeymen
- Journeymen Triangle: https://journeymentriangle.org/
Subscribe/Rate/Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐: >>>HERE<<<
To The ManKind Podcast to stay in the loop with powerful figures in the world of Men’s Work.
Find A Men’s Circle Near You: https://mkpusa.org/mens-group
With over 1000+ Men’s Circles worldwide, men are waiting to welcome you into a kind, supportive and safe brotherhood of men. FREE Online Men’s Groups are available every week.
The Men’s Work Introduction 3-Week Course: https://mkpusa.org/themenswork/
Do you want to join a men’s group? Join a circle of men committed to creating a new men’s group. Participants will learn over 10 weeks the key elements and tools to launch their new group. After the 10 weeks, you will be invited to keep the group going for at least 3 months.
Men’s Work For BIPOC Men: https://mkpusa.org/themenswork-bipoc
If you identify as a BIPOC Man (A Person of Some Obvious African Ancestry, Indigenous, or a Person of Color) and are interested in being a part of a safe space for BIPOC men to just be and do what we call “the inner work:” the refining of one’s way of living through self-reflection and introspection, check out of of the following opportunities:
Join Our Newsletter: https://mkpusa.org/check-in/
🎵Listen To Jim Donovan & The Sun King Warriors:
- Spotify: Listen