MKP-USA Executive Team Reps
- The MKP-USA Council Executive Team members act on behalf of the constituents of the U. S. Region. The Reps have the responsibility for fulfillment of the organization’s mission and the legal accountability for its operations. This means that as a group they are in charge of establishing a clear organizational mission, forming the strategic plan to accomplish the mission, overseeing and evaluating the plan’s success, making sure the organization has competent leaders and providing adequate supervision and support to those individuals, ensuring financial solvency of the organization, interpreting and representing the community to the organization, and instituting a fair system of policies and procedures for human resource management.
- Attend regularly scheduled Executive Team and Council meetings, phone bridge meetings, annual meeting and significant scheduled events. The E.T. presently meets on the second Monday of the month via phone starting at 7:30 PM. Eastern Time and the Council meets on the third and fourth Mondays of the month at 7:30 PM Eastern.
- Review minutes and stay well-informed regarding the organization’s fiscal and program work.
- Participate in setting overall policy and program oversight.
- Participate in the performance evaluation of key staff.
- Be willing to participate on at least one committee.
- Be willing to actively raise funds for the organization by direct contact with current and prospective donors, including personal friends and colleagues, with assistance from staff, and through development and maintenance of relationships with assigned major donors. Also be willing to participate in MKP-USA fund raising endeavors such as the Chairman’s Campaign, Membership, and other fundraising efforts.
- Contribute annually from personal resources to the extent you are able.
- Speak on behalf of MKP-USA to the community.
- Accept, adhere to, and support MKP-USA’s Code of Ethics and provide an annual letter detailing any potential conflicts of interests.
- Ensure that MKP-USA adheres to the Regional Covenant with respect to administration, finance, training, and community issues.
- Approve MKP-USA’s philosophy and review management’s performance in achieving it.
- Annually assess the environment and approve MKP-USA’s strategy in relation to it.
- Annually review and approve MKP-USA’s plans for funding its strategy.
- Review and approve MKP-USA’s financial goals.
- Annually review and approve MKP-USA’s budget.
- Approve major policies.
- Monitor, appraise, advise, support, reward, and, when necessary, change top Officers.
- Be assured that Officer’s succession is properly being provided.
- Be assured that the status of organizational strength and manpower planning is equal to the requirements of the long-range goals.
- Approve appropriate compensation and stipend policies and practices.
- Assist in filling vacancies as needed.
- Annually approve the Performance Review of the Chair and Vice Chair.
- Determine eligibility for and appoint Board Committees.
- Annually review the performance of the Executive Team and take steps to improve its performance.
- Review the results achieved by the Chair and Vice Chair as compared with the MKP-USA’s philosophy, annual and long range goals.
- Be certain that the financial structure of MKP-USA is adequate for its current needs and its long-range strategy.
- Provide candid and constructive criticism, advice, and comments.
- Approve major actions of MKP-USA, such as capital expenditures and major program and service changes.
- Be assured that the Council and its committees are adequately and currently informed – through reports and other methods – of the condition of the Institution and its operations.
- Be assured that published reports properly reflect the operating results and financial condition of the Institution.
- Ascertain that Officers have established appropriate policies to define and identify conflicts of interest throughout the Institution, and is diligently administering and enforcing those policies.
Appoint an Audit Committee and independent auditors as required.