This statement was adopted at the International business meeting of the ManKind Project in February, 2009
- We create trainings and circles in which all men are welcome to discover their deepest truths. We welcome men of all sexual orientations: gay, straight, and bisexual, including those who identify as having unwanted same sex attraction, to do their own work as they define it, to respect the identity and value of others, and to take responsibility for the impact their words and behaviors have on others.
- We support each man in pursuing his path to deeper authenticity. We do not provide therapy nor endorse any particular therapy, including reparative therapy. Any group or organization that states or implies otherwise does so without our permission.
- We do not, and will not, attempt to change a man’s sexual orientation.
- We will not tolerate proselytizing for any religion or belief, organizing training staff into groups that exclude others, guiding men’s processes in a predetermined direction, or grooming men for the training.
- We will not tolerate discrimination on our trainings or in our communities. We support our training and community leaders in identifying and challenging discriminatory language and behavior.
Here are a number of articles regarding the position of the ManKind Project on LGBTQ+ / GBTQ issues:
- Feedback: Wentworth Miller and the ManKind Project; Washington Blade, Randy Marks
- The New Warriors, A Second Look; Outsmart Magazine, Wayne Besen
- The Pride of ManKind; Gay Calgary Magazine p 14-15; Carey Rutherford
- Controversial ManKind Project reaches out to gay community; Dallas Voice; Daniel Villarreal
Here is a video of Wentworth Miller III, famous for his role in the hit show “Prison Break” at a Human Rights Campaign dinner in Seattle. He talks about the ManKind Project community at 8 minutes.
For further clarification, email the Communications Director, Boysen Hodgson.