2015 Ron Hering Mission of Service Award
Do you know a man in your community who stands out by living his life in Mission?
Here is your community’s chance to honor that man!
The 17th Annual Ron Hering Mission of Service Awards will be presented to one man or group of men (such as an Integration Group) from each Region / Area who is breathing life into a Mission of Service outside the ManKind Project.
Ron Hering was one of the original founders of MKP and this award was established in his name to honor those among us who are living their missions through action in the world. The Award is a very handsome plaque and will be posted out to the destination of your choice.
The process the Regions/Centers/Areas use for nominating a man or men is being left to each Region / Area — each having its own system for nomination and selection. The Elder Community has stepped up in many Regions / Areas to spearhead this effort. Contact your Region / Area Director to find your local point man.
For individual New Warriors:
Think of the men you know!! Collect information about a man or group you know as a model of service in your community and bring that information to your Region / Area Ron Hering Award representative or team. If you don’t know who that is, contact your community Director or Steward.
For Ron Hering Selection Teams:
When you have made your Official Region / Area selection, please use the following form:
You will need to supply the following information via the webform:
- Recipient’s Name – How he would like it to appear on the plaque
- Recipient’s Animal Name
- Recipient’s Mission
- Recipient’s Contact Information
- Region/Center/Area Name – How you would like it to appear on the plaque
- One paragraph description of the mans work in the world for which he is being honored – less than 150 words.
- Short summary of the man’s work – less than 30 words (to be read at the awards ceremony)
- Brief personal bio of recipient – less than 50 words
- Good color photo of the man or men, if possible have one taken for this purpose. The image should then be transferred to a digital format, either JPG, or GIF. The digital image should be within the range of 3 x 4 inches, either in portrait or landscape.It can then be uploaded via the webform.
- Permission from the man to make this information public at the Award Ceremony [more on this below], on our website and in the media (TV, Newspaper, Radio).
- A mailing address for the award to be posted out to (this can be done directly to the man or ideally to a community representative who will then coordinate its presentation at a local honoring ceremony).
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS DECEMBER 31st 2015
PLEASE READ THE ABOVE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY, GATHER THIS INFORMATION AND
COMPLETE THIS WEBFORM https://form.jotform.
Since there is no longer a physical place or event to present this international Award in a formal setting, the Ron Hering Award Ceremony will be taking place Online in 2016 – more details will follow as the time approaches.
Tony Wilkinson – ManKind Project International Administrator
Steve Simmer – MKP USA Mission Circle Coordinator
Questions? Contact Stephen Simmer – email@example.com