2019 has been a banner year for the ManKind Project USA, and we want to close out the year by celebrating some of the achievements and the people responsible for them:
- A total of 1905 men completed 76 New Warrior Training Adventure weekends – an average of 25.9 men per weekend. This is a new high for MKP USA but, more importantly, represents lives changed – not only the 1905 men, but the 2000+ staff volunteers and men of service who went through with them, and the families and all the lives those 1905 men touch.
- As of the beginning of December, we have over 2800 supporting Members of MKP USA – a record level of support for the organization’s mission and work.
- We are in very good financial shape, with a small working surplus going into 2020 – this will allow us to undertake new projects and scholarship support for our work.
- Our Curriculum Catalog has an outstanding collection of programs that have been vetted by MKP USA as supporting men in their lives and missions of service.
- We have had incredibly great publicity in the New York Times, Men’s Journal, NPR, and other publications with even greater exposure to come in 2020.
- We instituted the new online Readiness Review Form to eliminate filling out a Confidential Medical Review form every time you staff.
- We said thank you and farewell to Robert Powell and Julien Devereux, long-standing Board members and officers and welcomed Bryan Harold and Neal Gritz to the Board as Chair-Elect and Treasurer, respectively.
And that’s just the most prominent accomplishments. Our ManKind Project USA Support Services staff – Deb Mauger, Dan Baldwin, Boysen Hodgson, Keith Jarvis, Richard Torres, John Bacon, Scotty Krabler, and Sultani Trip – have worked hard to keep the organization running smoothly and to provide outstanding customer service.
Most of all there is you – the men and women who support MKP USA through your participation, work, financial support, and most especially by living your mission, by creating a world “where men act on their individual and collective responsibility for the future of humanity by initiating and supporting men on a path of emotional maturity, spiritual awareness, and deepening community.”
Ed Gurowitz ~ Two Hearts
Immediate Past Chair
Paul Samuelson ~ Papa Fox
Bryan Harold ~ Fabulous Mountain Lion